**DO NOT APPLY THROUGH FACEBOOK** Please read the full job description for instructions on where to submit your application. Applications submitted through Facebook will not be processed through our HR department.
The Delaware Art Museum is in need of a part-time Museum Associate with strong customer service skills who will engage and educate guests, providing an outstanding visitor experience. This Associate will be a member of the Museum’s front line staff, and they must be comfortable working at the Museum’s reception desk and in the Museum Store, an independent bookstore. The ideal candidate will be available weekends and all Thursday evenings. Hours will vary depending on the Museum’s events schedule and the needs of the Museum Store. The rate of pay is $12/hr. A passion for literature and the arts is strongly preferred, and a theater background is a plus.
- Greet and engage visitors and answer questions about the Museum, such as collections, history, and merchandise;
- Process any registrations or ticket sales for Museum events or programs;
- Assist in increasing the Museum’s membership base;
- Assist callers, as needed, with information about the Museum and the surrounding area, including directions, other attractions of interest, and restaurants;
- Interact with guests in the store, recommend books and merchandise, and finalize their sales;
- Operate cash register and maintain POS system;
- Answer phone inquiries;
- Process mail orders and telephone orders in a timely fashion;
- Receive incoming merchandise;
- Maintain a professional and inviting workspace, including restocking and cleaning;
- Assist in inventory;
- Maintain operation of store including opening and closing in manager’s absence;
- Provide outstanding customer service;
- Be able to handle problems and emergencies in a professional manner.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates with knowledge and/or experience in:
- Retail sales;
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, and Excel);
- General office skills.
- Altru experience a plus.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to HR@Delart.org. Applications submitted through Facebook will not be processed through our HR department. Interviewing will begin when qualified applicants have been identified; the job will close when an offer has been accepted.
About the Museum
For over 100 years, the Museum has served as a primary arts and cultural institution in Delaware. It is alive with experiences, discoveries, and activities to connect people with art and with each other. Originally created in 1912 to honor the renowned illustrator and Wilmington-native, Howard Pyle, the Museum’s collection has grown to over 12,000 works of art in our building and sculpture garden. Also recognized for British Pre-Raphaelite art, the Museum is home to the largest and most important Pre-Raphaelite collection outside of the United Kingdom and a growing collection of significant contemporary art.