Supply list—Watercolor Journaling
Instructor: Rosemary Connelly
- Blank Journal: such as Strathmore Visual Journal Watercolor 140# - 5.5” x 8” or Strathmore Windpower Watercolor paper 140# - 9" x 6" or any blank journal approximately these sizes with 140# watercolor paper, not sketchbook weight.
- Waterproof pen with permanent ink – i.e. PITT artist pens by Faber-Castell – black or sepia “Superfine (S)”
- Small Travel Watercolor Kit – that holds 12 half pans (not tubes) i.e. Winsor Newton /Cotman has a wide range of sets, depending on your budget – if you are on a really tight budget, the children’s set “Prang” gives surprisingly good results but you will need to provide a small cup
- Brush: Niji Waterbrush Size Large - this eliminates the need to purchase a kit that holds water and includes water cups. (danielsmith.com)
NOTE: If you prefer to use a regular brush, Robert Simmons makes a very affordable synthetic brush – I recommend at least an #8 or 10. In this case, be sure you purchase a watercolor kit that includes trays that attach to it for water.
- A rag/paper towels
- Extra water for refilling and drinking
- A Hat
- Sunscreen/insect repellent