Camp Ceramics Instructor (temporary)
Fantastic Foods, June 12 – 23 (no camp June 19)
Myths, Magic & Mermaids, June 26 – July 7 (no camp July 4)
Enchanted Tails, July 31 – August 11
The experience of art viewing and art making come together at the Delaware Art Museum’s summer art camp program! The Museum’s summer art program for children ages 6 – 12 provides professional instruction and a creative experience in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Young artists will explore drawing, painting, ceramics, and more in the Bank of America Education Wing studios, the Museum’s galleries, and the Copeland Sculpture Garden. Camp is full-day from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Delaware Art Museum seeks a Ceramics Instructor for its summer art camp program to plan and lead theme-inspired ceramics projects to campers. Camp Instructors are responsible for designing lesson plans and conducting art projects that foster a fun and creative learning environment for the campers. Additionally, Instructors act as mentors to the Museum’s teen counselors who assist the Instructors and campers throughout the program. The positions are available June 12 – 23 (no camp June 19), and/or June 26 – July 7 (no camp July 4), and/or July 31 – August 11. Hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break.
Pay rate: $30/hr.
- An art degree from accredited colleges/universities; BFA or MFA in ceramics preferred
- Prior experience teaching ceramics to children in an educational setting
- Demonstrated proficiency in ceramics
- Ability to work with a wide range of ages and backgrounds
- Ability to modify teaching strategies to optimize learning
- Good classroom management and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for teaching art to children
Please submit a cover letter, resume, three references, and three images of student work to Human Resources at HR@delart.org.