The Delaware Art Museum seeks an individual who will assist in maintaining the integrity of the Museum’s facility and safekeeping of its campus, contents, and equipment. A hands-on person, they also assist with set-up and breakdown for the Museum’s programs and events. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
The Operations Technician:
- Assists with day-to-day maintenance and inspection of Museum facility.
- Maintains high standards of building and grounds maintenance, operations, and safety.
- Maintains preventive maintenance schedule as assigned.
- Performs simple repairs, providing a “hands on” approach for non-complex issues.
- Monitors equipment to identify sub-standard operations.
- Maintains documentation of maintenance, safety incidents, and repairs.
- Assists as needed with snow removal, seasonal landscaping, and clean-up.
- Works closely with Museum staff as needed on museum-wide projects and for daily, exhibition, program, and event logistical needs.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates with knowledge and/or experience:
- High school degree or GED.
- 1 year experience in facilities maintenance and simple repair.
- Physically able to maintain facility with a hands-on approach.
- Must be able to use equipment and carry/lift heavy objects (50 lbs.), stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Requires some evenings and weekends, and periods of on-calls
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, building equipment, safety, and risk management a plus.
- Knowledge of HVAC Building Automation Systems a plus.
- Problem solving and creative thinking.
- Skilled in Microsoft Windows and Excel.
- Highly motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Embraces Delaware Art Museum’s mission and programs.
- A collegial attitude and sense of humor.
The Delaware Art Museum is committed to inclusivity and encourages qualified candidates from all cultures and communities to apply. Delaware Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer. We invite you to apply. The hourly rate is $15-$17. Please send a cover letter and resume to HR@Delart.org. To learn more about the Delaware Art Museum, please visit our website at delart.org. Interviewing will begin when qualified applicants have been identified; the job will close when an offer has been accepted.
Founded in 1912, the Delaware Art Museum is a primary cultural and arts institution in the state. Our mission is to generate creative energy that sustains, enriches, empowers, and inspires by connecting people to art. The Museum meets its mission through offering diverse exhibitions, art education programming, special events, and 100+ programs, from tours and art classes to workshops and community days, to nearly 80,000 people each year.
Our goal is to become a welcoming and inclusive, civically engaged, vital hub that acts as a catalyst for change in our community. To that end, we’ve partnered with the community to develop programming ranging from an annual writing conference to the development of events and exhibitions commemorating the 50th anniversary of a public disturbance that led to the nine-month occupation of the City of Wilmington—the longest peacetime occupation in US history. We are committed to being agents of change, striving to diversify our collection to combat the historical underrepresentation of women and people of color in museums’ collections. We are forward-looking and community focused.
We are looking for applicants with the same spirit and who embrace the Museum’s Values, Beliefs, and Principles:
- Art Connects Us. We use art to create community connections, foster empathy, educate and inspire, and make meaning of our world.
- People. We authentically listen to each other and our community. We are committed to inclusion and anti-racism.
- Be Bold. Our museum will boldly evolve, adapt, and be open to changes that help our community grow and thrive.