Current COVID-19 Policies
- Face coverings are required inside the Museum for individuals (aged kindergarten and up) who are not fully vaccinated from the COVID-19 virus.
- Fully vaccinated guests may remove their masks indoors and outside, except in crowded settings.
- Social distancing of 3 feet should be maintained between parties.
The Museum will not require proof of vaccination, but asks for our guests’ courteous and respectful observance of our policies.
Pardon our Appearance
Beginning May 24, 2021, the Museum’s front entrance will be under construction and the accessible door will be unavailable. Please plan to use the rear entrance accessible door. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Beginning February 2021 through summer 2023, I-95 in Wilmington will be under major construction which may cause significant traffic delays. When traveling to the Delaware Art Museum please consider alternate routes. Visit RestoreTheCorridor.com for a project overview, see updated closures, and sign up for project-related alerts.
Pardon our appearance while we complete building upgrades. You may experience unexpected sights and sounds while visiting. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Dogs should remain leashed at all times while on Museum property.
Gallery Closures and Reopening
- On view now: New Gallery of John Sloan and the Eight
- March 22 – September 10: Howard Pyle and American Illustration closed
- March 22 – May 23: American Art 1757–1900 Limited selection on view
- May 26 – June 18: American Art 1757–1900 closed
- June 21 – July 30: British Pre-Raphaelites closed
- June 19: Picturing America (American Art through 1900) opens
- July 28 – Aug 4: Modern Metropolis: John Sloan and the Eight will also be closed
- July 31: Radical Beauty (British Pre-Raphaelites) opens
- September 11: Howard Pyle and American Illustration opens; main floor galleries are fully reopened.