Programs & Events
Dirty Popcorn Black Film Festival: Call for Submissions
The first annual Dirty Popcorn Black Film Festival presented by Jet Phynx, hosted and sponsored by The Delaware Art Museum, will take place in August 2022. The mission of the festival is to provide a platform and venue to discover and celebrate filmmakers of color from Delaware and the surrounding region while also providing a means of preserving local black filmmakers.
The festival is accepting submissions in three categories:
- Narrative (drama/fiction)
- Experimental (music videos, animation, etc.)
The films will be showcased at The Delaware Art Museum in Wilmington, DE this summer, with a red carpet awards ceremony and prizes awarded for filmmakers in several categories.
If you are a BIPOC filmmaker from DE, MD, NJ, PA or NY, then we want your film. There is no fee to submit.
- The primary filmmaker, that is the writer, producer or director, must be a Black or Indigenous Person of Color (BIPOC).
- The film must be under 30 minutes.
- The film must be an original work of the filmmakers. All footage/audio must either be original or licensed through the proper channels.
- The film must have been completed in the last 5 years.
- At least one film maker will be required to attend the day their film is viewed and must be present to accept any awards on the final day of the festival.