Decorations, Signage and Beauty Products
- No signs, posters, decorations or anything else may be affixed in any way to walls, doors, windows, furniture or any other structure on the premises.
- No candles, sterno or open flame of any kind are permitted in the Museum. Battery operated lighting is acceptable.
- No balloons, glitter, decorative paper shredding, excelsior, confetti, thrown rice or birdseed are permitted in the Museum or on the grounds.
- Floral arrangements are welcome in our event spaces. All floral arrangements must be arranged through a florist. If lilies are used, stamens must be removed from all open buds before entering the museum.
- Live trees and plants may not be brought into the Museum This includes potted plants or cut garlands, Christmas trees, fresh-cut garden flowers, or any flowers or plants brought in from an outside location rather than a florist’s studio.
- We do not permit live flowers of any kind in the galleries.
- Outdoor events under tents can be decorated with live trees.
- Any haircare or beauty product containing glitter is not permitted including but not limited to Body Glitter, Hair Glitter, Glitter Spray and Glitter Gel
- Hair Color Spray is not permitted, any use of regular hair spray is restricted to designated areas.
The venue rental fee includes use all of the following items up to the museum’s inventory:
- White Folding Chairs with Padded Seats
- Kitchen Equipment
If upgraded equipment is desired that can be arranged through the client’s caterer.
The Delaware Art Museum is available for events in the public spaces starting at 6 PM – 12 AM Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Food & Beverage
The preferred caterers and the Delaware Art Museum hold the liquor licenses and board of health permits for Delaware Art Museum. No outside food or beverage may be brought into the facility unless prior arrangements have been made.
Please inquire about renting access to the art galleries during your event. Rental fees include security. No food or drink is allowed in the galleries at any time. This includes but is not limited to closed water bottles and/or other sealed beverage containers.
Linen is to be arranged through the client’s caterer.
All Non-Profit agencies, clubs, and organizations must provide a current 501C3 status form to receive a 10% discount on the venue rental.
There are over 85 complimentary parking spaces at Delaware Art Museum, available on a first come, first served basis. Additional Parking is available on Kentmere Parkway, in front of the Museum.
Delaware Art Museum security personnel are present 24 hours per day and will be assigned based upon the size of the group and spaces used in the Museum. Security charges are covered by the venue rental fee unless an event requires additional security.
Delaware Art Museum works with many local vendors and may recommend vendors who are familiar with museum guidelines. All vendors must provide a certificate of insurance, and comply with all museum Vendor Guidelines. Vendors must coordinate available time for load in and load out with your Delaware Art Museum representative.
The Delaware Art Museum is a smoke free facility as mandated by state law. Designated outdoor areas are available on the North Terrace for special events.
Each event requires specific staffing to meet the needs of the event according to our standards of service. The client’s caterer will determine the number of staff required for your event based on your final guaranteed number of guests.
Audio Visual Services such as projectors and microphones are available for rent. Additional services for larger events can be arranged with an outside vendor. Please see your Sales Manager for details.
Internet and Wifi Capabilities
Public wifi speeds are 100Mb/s+ per stream. There are 35 access points. The new access points are dual-band Aruba 802.11ac (2×2 MIMO for 2.4GHz, 4×4 MIMO for 5GHz). Ethernet access is available with advanced arrangements.
At your request, coat check may be provided in seasonal weather with one attendant per 150 guests, this can be arranged through your caterer.