Music, Food, Beverages and Fun on Delaware Art Museum Grounds Every Thursday
Sculpture Garden Happy Hours return to the Delaware Art Museum’s Terrace on Thursday, May 26, 2022. Weather permitting, Sculpture Garden Happy Hours take place every Thursday from 5–7:30 p.m., a time which overlaps with the Museum’s free Thursday evening hours. The popular, free series offers guests an opportunity to relax and unwind with live music, seasonal beverages, lawn games, rotating local food trucks, and snacks from the Museum’s own boutique café, Kaffeina. Museum tours and monthly Member theme nights have been added to the festivities.
The Sculpture Garden Happy Hours schedule is as follows:
- May 26 – Edgewater Avenue (Bluegrass, Folk, Americana), Food: Koi
- June 2 – The Seedlings (Rock, Blues), Food: The Flying Deutschman
- June 9 – Boysie Lowery Living Jazz Residency (Jazz), Food: Los Taquitos de Puebla
- June 16 – Thirsty Members Night with Edgewater Avenue (Bluegrass, Folk, Americana), Food: Koi
- June 23 – Skinner & Spadola (Acoustic Duo), Food: Natalie’s Fine Food
- June 30 – Joseph Whitney (Steel Drums), Food: Los Taquitos de Puebla
- July 7 –Pristine Reign (Soul, Funk, Jazz, Motown/Philly), Food: The Flying Deutschman
- July 14 – Members Ice Cream Night with Sharon & Shawn (Jazz), Food: Natalie’s Fine Food
- July 21 – The Seedlings (Rock, Blues), Food: Koi
- July 28 – Skinner & Spadola (Acoustic Duo), Food: Los Taquitos de Puebla
- August 4 – Sharon & Shawn (Jazz), Food: The Flying Deutschman
- August 11 – Genesis Z and The Black Mambas, Food: Natalie’s Fine Food
- August 18 – Willie Wilmington & Stevie J Dance (Salsa DJ and Dance), Food: Koi
- August 25 – Members Fiesta Night with The Honey Badgers (Folk), Food: Los Taquits de Puebla
- September 1 – Special Peoples Fest Night with Spokey Speaky (Reggae), Food: TBD
- September 8 – Joseph Whitney (Steel Drum), Food: The Flying Deutschman
Guests at the May 26 and June 2 Sculpture Garden Happy Hours can catch the “Louis Comfort Tiffany: Treasures from the Driehaus Collection” exhibition, which features more than 60 glass art objects, before it closes on June 5.
Heather Morrissey, Delaware Art Museum’s Director of Operations, says, “Each summer, we provide a series of fun and art-themed evenings for guests. Our open-air Sculpture Garden Happy Hours in 2020 and 2021 were wildly popular, and we look forward to offering this after-hours cultural experience to our community again this year.”
No registration is required for the Sculpture Garden Happy Hours, which are free; donations are encouraged. Some seating is available, but guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets, as well as cash or card for bar and food purchases. Sculpture Garden Happy Hours may be moved inside or cancelled due to inclement weather. Please watch the Museum website for updates.
Click here for a full schedule of Sculpture Garden Happy Hours musicians and food trucks.
These events are sponsored by the AARP Delaware Office. This organization is supported, in part, by a grant from the Delaware Division of the Arts, a state agency, in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts. The Division promotes Delaware arts events on www.DelawareScene.com.
About the Delaware Art Museum
For over 100 years, the Museum has served as a primary arts and cultural institution in Delaware. It is alive with experiences, discoveries, and activities to connect people with art and with each other. Originally created in 1912 to honor the renowned illustrator and Wilmington-native, Howard Pyle, the Museum’s collection has grown to over 12,000 works of art in our building and sculpture garden. Also recognized for British Pre-Raphaelite art, the Museum is home to the most comprehensive Pre-Raphaelite collection on display outside of the United Kingdom, and a growing collection of significant contemporary art.
Under the leadership of our Board of Trustees, the Delaware Art Museum is implementing a comprehensive approach to community and civic engagement. This exciting new strategic direction requires that we increase our value and relevance to all audiences. Visit delart.org to for the latest exhibitions, programs, and performances or connect with us via social media.
IF YOU GO
WHAT: Delaware Art Museum Sculpture Garden Happy Hours
WHEN: Thursdays, May 26 through September 8, 2022, 5-7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Delaware Art Museum Terrace and Copeland Sculpture Garden, 2301 Kentmere Parkway, Wilmington, DE 19806