Drawing & Painting
This watercolor class will focus on the traditional landscape with painting demonstrations for skies, water, greenery and buildings in a relaxed setting.
- 11"x15" Strathmore spiral pad of watercolor paper
- Set of watercolor paints: The cheap end is a Crayola children's snap tin or a nice quality set of Winsor - Newton small tube paints. Check to be sure your set includes a tube of Paynes Grey and find your price point between the two options. I demonstrate with the Crayola set and recommend rewarding yourself with better paints as you progress.
- Brushes: set of 5 or 6 synthetic short or long handled brushes in the $10- $15 range; they should include a flat 3/4" - 1", flat 3/8", and assorted sizes to fill out the package
- Palette: white dinner sized hard plastic plate or white vacuum formed 10"x 13" palette
- Sponge: 1"x2" corner of a household kitchen sponge, or small natural sponge
- Water container
- Sketch paper (anything), pencil, kneaded eraser
- A few soft paper towels, or Kleenex, or soft rag
- (Optional) Liquid mask and bar of hotel soap
- (Optional) Hair dryer and extension cord